Experienced Appleton Airbag Injury Attorneys
Appleton Airbag Injury Lawyer
Find out why we have some of the best Appleton auto accident attorneys
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured in an Appleton Airbag Accident?
Goldberg & Loren, the leading Appleton airbag injury attorneys, are here to help you seek justice and compensation for your pain and suffering. With decades of experience and a track record of success, our team understands the complexities of airbag injury cases and will fight tirelessly on your behalf.
You deserve justice and fair compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens caused by your airbag injury. Let Goldberg & Loren handle your case so you can focus on healing and moving forward with your life.
Contact Goldberg & Loren today for a free consultation to discuss your Appleton airbag injury case. Don’t wait, let our expert personal injury attorneys in Appleton fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
What is an Airbag Injury?
Types of Airbag Injuries
Airbag deployment in a vehicle is intended to protect occupants from severe injury during a collision. However, in some cases, airbags can also cause devastating accident injuries. These injuries can vary in severity and have a significant impact on a person’s life.
- Facial Bone Fractures: The force at which the airbag inflates can cause fractures in the bones of the face, such as the nose, cheekbones, or jaw. These fractures can be painful and may require surgical intervention to correct.
- Brain injuries: The rapid inflation of the airbag can cause the head to be forcefully jolted backward, leading to a traumatic brain injury. This can result in a range of symptoms, from mild concussion-like symptoms to more severe cognitive and physical impairments.
- Internal bleeding: The force exerted by the airbag can cause damage to internal organs, resulting in bleeding. This can be life-threatening and may require immediate medical intervention.
- Eye Damage: The force of the airbag impact can cause damage to the delicate structures of the eye, leading to vision loss or other eye-related complications.
- Burns: Burns are less common but still possible injury resulting from airbag deployment. The heat generated during the inflation process can cause burns to the skin, particularly in areas of direct contact with the airbag.
- Wrist and Hand Injuries: Wrist and hand injuries may occur due to the forceful interaction between the hands and the airbag during deployment. Fractures, sprains, or other soft tissue injuries can result from this interaction.
Common Causes of Airbag Injury Accidents
Airbag injury accidents can occur due to a variety of causes, each contributing to the potential harm to drivers and passengers:
- Deployment at Inappropriate Times: Airbags are designed to deploy during moderate to severe crashes. In some cases, airbags may deploy unnecessarily during low-impact collisions or even during non-collision events, causing injury.
- Late Deployment: Delayed deployment can result in increased injuries, especially if the occupants have already moved forward in the collision before the airbags deploy. Late deployment may occur due to sensor malfunctions or other technical issues.
- Overly Aggressive Deployment: Airbags deploy with considerable force to provide effective protection. However, in some cases, the deployment force may be excessive, leading to accident injuries such as abrasions, fractures, or even more severe trauma.
- Defective Airbags: Manufacturing defects or design flaws in the airbag system can contribute to malfunctions, leading to injuries. This can include issues with sensors, inflators, or the overall deployment mechanism.
- Inadequate Maintenance: Lack of proper maintenance or tampering with the airbag system can lead to malfunctioning during a crash. It’s important to follow manufacturer guidelines for vehicle maintenance and avoid altering the airbag system.
- Fragmentation: In rare cases, airbag inflators can rupture, causing the release of metal fragments. This issue has led to recalls and heightened awareness of the potential dangers associated with certain types of airbags.
- Secondary Collisions: After an initial collision, subsequent collisions may occur. If the airbags have already deployed and occupants are not properly restrained, the risk of injury in subsequent collisions may increase.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for an Airbag Injury Accident?
Determining who is responsible for an airbag injury accident can be complex and depends on the specific circumstances of the case. However, in general, the following parties may be held liable:
- The vehicle manufacturer: The vehicle manufacturer may be held liable if the airbag was defective in design or manufacturing. This could include defects in the airbag itself, the sensors that trigger the airbag, or the software that controls the airbag system.
- The airbag manufacturer: The airbag manufacturer may be held liable if the airbag was defective in design or manufacturing. This could include defects in the airbag itself, the propellant used to inflate the airbag, or the inflator mechanism.
- The vehicle maintenance provider: The vehicle maintenance provider may be held liable if they failed to properly maintain the airbag system. This could include failing to replace a defective airbag or failing to properly install an airbag.
- The driver of the vehicle: The driver of the vehicle may be held liable if their negligence caused the accident. This could include speeding, driving under the influence, or failing to wear a seatbelt.
Statute of Limitations for Airbag Injuries in Appleton
Generally, in Wisconsin, the Statute of Limitations for personal injury cases, including airbag injuries, is two years from the date of the injury. This means that individuals who have sustained airbag-related injuries in Appleton must file an accident claim within two years of the incident. Failing to file a claim within this time limit can result in the forfeiture of the right to compensation for the injuries suffered.
However, there may be exceptions or extensions to the Statute of Limitations in certain circumstances. For example, if the injury was not immediately apparent or if the accident victim was a minor at the time of the incident, the Statute of Limitations may be extended. Consult with our experienced attorneys to determine if any exceptions apply to your specific case.
Why Should I Hire an Appleton Airbag Injury Attorney?
If you have suffered airbag-related injuries in a car crash, hiring our Appleton airbag injury attorneys is of utmost importance. Here’s why:
- Extensive Experience: Our Appleton Airbag Injury Attorneys possess extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with such cases. Our expertise in personal injury law enables us to navigate the complexities associated with airbag injuries, ensuring that you receive adequate compensation.
- Investigation: To establish liability, it is important to analyze the proper functioning of the airbag during the accident. Our accident lawyers collaborate with expert witnesses who can examine the airbag’s deployment and determine whether it contributed to your injuries. This evidence significantly strengthens your claim and increases your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.
- Proving Negligence: Successful airbag injury claims often rely on proving negligence. By hiring us, you benefit from our skills in gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and reconstructing the accident scene. We will work diligently to demonstrate how the negligent actions of others led to your airbag-related injuries.
- Maximizing Compensation: Our experienced lawyers understand the financial and emotional burdens caused by airbag injuries. We are committed to ensuring that you receive maximum compensation for medical expenses, chronic pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages resulting from your injury.
We will protect your rights, provide access to expert guidance, and maximize your compensation. Don’t bear the burden alone – allow us to help you navigate this complex legal process so that you can focus on healing and moving forward. Call us today!
 Bieber, C. (2022, November 7). 10 Most Common Airbag Injuries. Forbes Advisor. https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/auto-accident/airbag-injuries/
Goldberg & Loren
47 Park Pl Suite 200B Appleton,
Need Help? Contact Us
We Represent Those Who Have Been Injured By Airbags in the Following Cities and Communities Near Appleton, Wisconsin.
Have Questions About Your Case? Call Us Today: