Experienced Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Find out why we have some of the best personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles
Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
A pedestrian accident occurs when a motor vehicle collides with a person who is walking, running, jogging, or standing near a road. These incidents are often the result of negligence on the part of the motorist. 
Pedestrian accidents are a serious matter and can have a significant impact on the lives of injury victims and their families. Seeking legal representation from an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer is vital to navigating the complex legal process and ensuring that the injured party receives fair compensation.
Book a free consultation today!
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can be attributed to several common causes, each with the potential to result in devastating injuries.
- Failure to Yield: Drivers who fail to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks or at intersections can easily collide with them, causing serious physical injuries or even fatalities.
- Distracted Driving: With the rise of smartphones, drivers often get distracted by texting, browsing social media, or using navigation apps, directing their attention away from the road and pedestrians.
- Reckless Driving: Speeding, aggressive maneuvers, and running red lights can endanger anyone crossing the street, resulting in catastrophic injuries.
- Disregard for Traffic Laws: Disregarding traffic laws, such as failing to observe stop signs or signaling when turning, also contributes to pedestrian accidents. Negligent drivers who disobey traffic signals create hazardous situations for pedestrians, increasing the risk of traffic crashes.
- Influence of Alcohol: Drunk drivers have impaired judgment and slower reaction times, making them more likely to hit pedestrians.
Types of Injuries Caused by Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can leave victims with a wide range of injuries, varying in severity.
- Head Injuries: Among the most common injuries sustained by pedestrians are head injuries, which include concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries. These injuries can have long-lasting effects on a person’s cognitive abilities, memory, and motor functions.
- Leg Injuries: Leg injuries are another frequent outcome of pedestrian accidents, ranging from minor sprains and fractures to more severe injuries like compound fractures or amputations. These injuries may require surgery, and extensive rehabilitation, and may result in permanent disabilities or limitations.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are a common occurrence in pedestrian accidents, affecting various parts of the body such as the arms, wrists, shoulders, and ribs. These injuries can be painful and require prolonged healing time, often leading to a loss of mobility and function during recovery.
- Spinal Cord Injury: One of the most severe and life-altering injuries that pedestrians can suffer is a spinal cord injury. These fatal injuries can result in paralysis or reduced mobility, depending on the location and severity of the injury. Spinal cord injuries often require long-term medical care, specialized equipment, and significant lifestyle adjustments.
Pedestrian accidents can have severe consequences, leading to debilitating injuries. These injuries can cause long-term or permanent physical and cognitive impairments. Internal organ injuries, broken bones, and lacerations are also frequently seen in pedestrian accidents. Pedestrian incidents are one of the common causes of an untimely death and the basis all too often of a wrongful death lawsuit.
Statute of Limitations for Pedestrian Accidents
In Los Angeles, pedestrian accident victims need to be aware of the Statute of Limitations that governs the time limits for filing personal injury claims. The Statute of Limitations specifies the deadline within which a claim must be filed in order to seek compensation for injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident.
For pedestrian accidents in Los Angeles, the general time frame limit is two years from the date of the accident. This means that injured pedestrians have two years to file a personal injury claim against the responsible party. There are potential exceptions to this deadline.
Contact our dedicated personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles for guidance regarding whether there are exceptions that may apply to your specific situation.
Hiring Our Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
When it comes to hiring a Los Angeles pedestrian accident attorney, Goldberg & Loren is the top choice for victims seeking justice and compensation for damages.
We have a proven track record of successfully handling pedestrian accident cases, earning our clients maximum compensation. With our extensive experience, we are equipped to thoroughly investigate your legal claim, build a strong claim, and negotiate with the involved insurance company.
We will work to hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries, medical costs, property damage, pocket expenses, loss of enjoyment of life, mental trauma, and other losses.
In seeking legal representation for a Los Angeles pedestrian accident, hiring our lawyers will ensure that you have proper guidance through the process, maximizing your chances of receiving financial compensation.
Don’t wait, reach out to us today.
 Bieber, C. (2023, February 3). Pedestrian Accident Causes, Injuries & Legal Options. Forbes Advisor. https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/auto-accident/pedestrian-accident/
Need Help? Contact Us
Have Questions About Your Case? Call Us Today: