Experienced Vancouver Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Vancouver Medical Malpractice Attorney
Find out why we have some of the best personal injury lawyers in Vancouver
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice refers to professional negligence by healthcare providers, such as doctors, nurses, or other medical professionals, that leads to substandard treatment, causing harm to a patient.  This negligence can occur through an act of omission (failure to provide proper care) or commission (providing care that falls below the accepted medical standard).
Have you or a loved one been a victim of medical malpractice in Vancouver, Washington?
If so, you need the expertise and support of our experienced team of medical malpractice lawyers at Goldberg & Loren. We understand the pain and suffering you have endured, and we are here to fight for your rights and seek the justice you deserve. Book a no-obligation free consultation today!
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical malpractice cases can include a wide range of situations where a healthcare professional’s negligence or error results in harm to a patient. Here are some of the most common types recorded in major cities like Vancouver:
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis: This occurs when a doctor fails to correctly identify a patient’s condition, or takes too long to do so, leading to delayed or inappropriate treatment and potentially worsening the patient’s outcome.
- Surgical Errors: Surgical mistakes can involve operating on the wrong body part, leaving surgical instruments inside the patient, performing unnecessary surgery, or causing nerve damage during the procedure.
- Medication Errors: Prescribing the wrong medication, administering the wrong dosage, or failing to warn patients about potential drug interactions can all have serious consequences.
- Anesthesia Errors: Mistakes during anesthesia administration can lead to breathing problems, heart complications, or even death.
- Birth Injuries: Negligence during childbirth can cause injuries to both the mother and baby, such as cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, or brachial plexus injuries.
- Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs): When patients contract infections while receiving medical care, it can be due to inadequate hygiene practices or faulty equipment, and the healthcare facility may be held liable.
- Failure to Obtain Informed Consent: Before undergoing any medical procedure, patients have the right to be informed of the risks and benefits involved. Failure to obtain informed consent can be grounds for a malpractice lawsuit.
Consequences of Medical Malpractice on Victims
Medical malpractice can have severe and long-lasting consequences for the victims, affecting their physical health, emotional well-being, and financial stability. Here are some of the potential consequences of medical malpractice on victims:
- Decreased Quality of Life
- Emotional and Psychological Impact
- Financial Burden
- Impact on Family and Relationships
- Legal and Administrative Challenges
- Loss of Trust in Healthcare Providers
- Physical Injuries
Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Cases in Vancouver
In Vancouver Island, Washington State, the time limit for filing a medical malpractice lawsuit is generally two years from the date the patient knew or should have known about the injury or negligence. However, there is also a three-year statute of repose, which means that regardless of when the injury is discovered, a medical malpractice claim cannot be filed more than three years after the negligent act occurred.
For minors, the time limit is extended until their 19th birthday. This means that a minor who is injured due to medical malpractice will have until their 21st birthday to file a claim. Other exceptions may apply. Contact our dedicated personal injury lawyers in Vancouver for guidance regarding your specific case.
Benefits of Hiring Our Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you’ve been the victim of medical malpractice, you must be facing a difficult and confusing situation. You’ve likely experienced physical and emotional pain, financial hardship, and a shattered sense of trust. We understand what you’re going through, and we’re here to help.
Here are just a few of the benefits of hiring our medical malpractice lawyers:
- Extensive Experience: Our lawyers have years of experience handling complex medical malpractice cases. We know the ins and outs of medical malpractice law, and we have a deep understanding of the medical field. This means we can effectively evaluate your case, build a strong argument, and maximize your chances of success.
- Compassionate & Understanding: We understand that this is a difficult time for you. We’ll treat you with compassion and respect and be there to answer your questions and address your concerns every step of the way.
- Aggressive Advocacy: We’re not afraid to take on the tough cases. We’ll aggressively fight for your rights and hold the responsible parties accountable.
- Thorough Investigation: We’ll conduct a thorough investigation of your case, gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with experts. This will ensure that we have the strongest possible case to present in court.
- Negotiation Skills: Our lawyers have a proven track record of success in negotiating fair settlements for our clients. In many cases, we can avoid the need to go to court, saving you time and money.
- Trial Experience: If going to court is necessary, we have the experience and skill to represent you effectively in front of a judge.
We understand that choosing a medical malpractice lawyer is a big decision. We encourage you to contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case in more detail. We’ll listen to your story, answer your questions, and provide you with an honest assessment of your options.
FAQs About Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice cases can be complex and time-consuming, often taking years to resolve. This is due to the need for extensive investigation, expert witness testimony, and potential appeals.
The standard of care refers to the level of care and skill that a competent healthcare provider in the same field would have provided under similar circumstances.
Legal implications of medical malpractice may include lawsuits, financial compensation for the injury victim, disciplinary action against the medical provider, and potential changes in laws or regulations.
 Brazier, Y. (2023, June 8). What is medical malpractice? https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248175
Need Help? Contact Us
Have Questions About Your Case? Call Us Today: