Experienced Salem Elevator Accident Attorneys
Salem Oregon Elevator Accident Attorney
Find out why we are one of the best elevator accident law firms in Salem, Oregon
Have You Recently Been Injured in an Elevator Accident in Salem, Oregon?
If you want to hold the responsible parties accountable and secure the financial support you need to recover from your injuries, choosing Goldberg & Loren as your elevator accident lawyers is the right decision. We will fight for your rights and work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf.
Contact Goldberg & Loren today to schedule a free consultation and let us guide you through the legal process. Don’t wait another day to seek the justice and compensation you deserve for your elevator accident injuries.
Causes of Elevator Accidents
There are several common causes of accidents in elevators that can lead to injuries or even fatalities, here are some examples:
- Malfunctioning doors: Elevator doors closing improperly can trap someone’s body or belongings, causing injury.
- Mechanical failures: Issues with the cables, pulleys, and other mechanical components can result in an elevator suddenly dropping or getting stuck between floors.
- Overloading: Exceeding the weight capacity of the elevator can cause it to malfunction, leading to accidents.
- Improper maintenance: Poorly maintained elevators are more likely to experience mechanical failures and malfunctions, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Electrical issues: Problems with the elevator’s electrical system can lead to sudden stops, jerky movements, or loss of power, posing a danger to passengers.
- Sudden stops and starts: Abrupt movements due to poor elevator operation can cause passengers to lose their balance and fall.
- Design flaws: Deficiencies in an elevator’s design, such as inadequate safety features or improper weight distribution, can lead to accidents.
According to the National Elevator Industry Inc., there are approximately 27 elevator-related fatal accidents per year in the US, with roughly 10,000 injuries occurring each year related to elevators. 
Types of Injuries Typically seen in an Elevator Accident in Salem, OR
Injuries from elevator accidents can vary in severity depending on the nature of the accident. Common injuries resulting from elevator accidents may include:
- Bruises, cuts, and abrasions: These injuries can occur if a person is struck by elevator doors or parts during an accident.
- Fractures and broken bones: Sudden stops, mis-leveling, or falling within the elevator can lead to bone fractures and breaks.
- Head and neck injuries: Sudden movements or impacts can cause head injuries, whiplash, or neck sprains.
- Crushing injuries: Being caught between moving parts of the elevator or being trapped in the doors can result in serious crushing injuries or amputation.
- Trauma and emotional distress: Being trapped in an elevator or experiencing a sudden, jarring accident can cause psychological trauma and emotional distress.
- Internal injuries: Impact from an elevator accident can cause internal injuries such as organ damage or internal bleeding.
Our Salem Practice Areas
Dog Bite Injury
Slip and Falls
Compensation from an Elevator Accident
In the event of an elevator accident, potential compensation may include:
- Medical expenses: Coverage for medical bills related to injuries sustained in the accident, including emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and ongoing medical treatment.
- Lost income: Compensation for wages lost due to missed work, including future loss of earning capacity if the injuries result in long-term or permanent disability.
- Pain and suffering: Damages for physical and emotional distress resulting from the accident and injuries, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress.
- Rehabilitation and therapy: Coverage for expenses related to rehabilitation, occupational therapy, and mental health treatment, aiming to restore the victim’s quality of life after the accident.
- Disability or disfigurement: Compensation for a diminished quality of life and altered physical appearance resulting from permanent injuries sustained in the accident.
- Property damage: Reimbursement for damaged personal belongings, such as clothing, electronic devices, or other items affected during the accident.
- Legal fees: Coverage for attorney fees and associated legal costs related to pursuing compensation for the elevator accident.
Salem Elevator Accident Lawyer Goldberg & Loren
With years of experience, the dedicated personal injury attorneys in Salem have the knowledge and expertise to handle elevator accident cases with skill and precision.
Goldberg & Loren is dedicated to fighting for the rights of those who have been injured.
Our dedicated personal injury lawyers in Salem will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the accident, gathering evidence and working with industry experts to determine who may be liable for the injuries sustained.
The team at Goldberg & Loren is committed to holding negligent parties accountable and seeking full and fair compensation for their clients.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that elevator accidents can take on individuals and their families, and we are dedicated to helping them get the justice they deserve.
With Goldberg & Loren’s experienced attorneys in your corner, you can feel confident that your rights will be fiercely protected.
Have you or a loved one been injured in an elevator accident in Salem, Oregon?
Don’t wait, contact Goldberg & Loren today for a free consultation, and let us help you get the justice and financial compensation you deserve.
If you are involved in an elevator accident, seek immediate medical attention for any injuries. Report the accident to the building or property management, ensuring that they are aware of the incident and can take necessary safety measures. Document the details of the accident, including taking photographs of any injuries, the surroundings, and the elevator itself. Obtain contact information from any witnesses who were present during the accident. It is advisable to refrain from discussing the specifics of the accident with anyone until you have consulted with a personal injury attorney experienced in elevator accident cases. Finally, consider seeking legal guidance to understand your rights and options for pursuing compensation for any damages or injuries sustained in the accident.
In Salem, Oregon, the time limitations, also known as the Statute of Limitations, for filing a claim after an elevator accident may vary depending on the specific circumstances and legal factors involved in the case. Generally, personal injury claims, including those related to elevator accidents, must be filed within 2 years following the date of the accident. It is essential to be aware of these time limitations as they can significantly impact the ability to seek compensation.
In the event of an elevator accident, liability can potentially extend to various parties, including the building owner, property manager, elevator maintenance company, elevator manufacturer, and even individual employees or contractors responsible for maintaining or servicing the elevator. Liability may be based on factors such as negligent maintenance, improper inspections, design flaws, or failure to adhere to safety regulations and industry standards. Determining liability for an elevator accident often requires a detailed assessment of the circumstances, including the roles and responsibilities of each party involved in the maintenance and operation of the elevator.
 Castillo, L., & Castillo, L. (2023, December 16). Must-Know Elevator Accident Statistics [Current Data]. GITNUX. https://gitnux.org/elevator-accident-statistics/
Need Help? Contact Us
We Represent Elevator Accident Victims in the Following Cities and Communities Near Salem, Oregon.
Have Questions About Your Case? Call Us Today: