Experienced Portland Rear-end Accident Lawyers
Portland Rear-end Accident Lawyer
Find out why we are some of the best Portland Maine auto accidents law firm
Have You Been Injured in a Rear-End Accident in Portland, Maine?
Goldberg & Loren are your trusted rear-end accident lawyers in Portland, Maine. With years of experience and a track record of successful cases, we can help you get the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial difficulties you may be facing after a rear-end crash. Our team will fight tirelessly to ensure your rights are protected and that you receive the justice you deserve.
Contact Goldberg & Loren now for a free consultation to discuss your accident case and let us guide you through the legal process. Your road to recovery starts now.
What is a Rear-end Accident?
A rear-end accident occurs when one vehicle collides with the vehicle in front of it.  The consequences of this accident can range from minor property damage to severe injuries or even fatal outcomes.
Common Causes of Rear-end Accidents
Rear-end accidents occur when one vehicle collides into the back of another vehicle, and they can have serious consequences. There are several common causes of these accidents, including:
Tailgating: Tailgating refers to driving too closely behind another vehicle, leaving little to no room to react in the event of sudden stops or changes in traffic flow. This behavior significantly increases the risk of rear-end accidents as the driver may not have enough time to brake and avoid a collision.
Speeding: When a driver exceeds the speed limit, they reduce their ability to stop suddenly, putting themselves and other road users at risk. Excessive speed reduces reaction time, making it more likely for a driver to hit the vehicle in front.
Reckless Driving: This encompasses behaviors such as aggressive lane changes, improper passing, or failure to obey traffic laws, which can also lead to rear-end accidents. Such actions create dangerous situations that increase the likelihood of collisions from behind.
Impaired Driving: Impairment, whether due to alcohol, drugs, or fatigue, hampers a driver’s ability to react quickly and adequately. Impaired drivers are more prone to rear-end accidents as their judgment, coordination, and reaction time are compromised.
Distracted Driving: Distractions play a significant role in rear-end accidents. Activities like texting, talking on the phone, eating, or daydreaming take the driver’s attention away from the road, making it more difficult to anticipate and react to sudden changes in traffic, leading to rear-end collisions.
Damages Recoverable After a Rear-End Accident
After a rear-end accident, individuals may be entitled to recover various types of damages. These damages can help compensate for the physical, emotional, and financial losses suffered as a result of the accident.
- Emotional Distress
- Future Medical Expenses
- Loss of Consortium
- Lost Wages
- Medical Expenses
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Property Loss
- Punitive Damages
- Rehabilitation Costs
Concerns of Rear-End Accident Victims From a Legal Perspective
Rear-end accidents are a prevalent type of motor vehicle collision, often resulting in legal complexities for the victims. From a legal perspective, victims encounter several critical issues that demand careful attention and informed decisions.
- Establishing Negligence: Determining fault is a crucial aspect of rear-end accident cases. Generally, the law presumes the rear driver to be at fault, as they have a duty to maintain a safe following distance and avoid collisions. However, exceptions exist if the front driver’s actions, such as abrupt braking or unsignaled lane changes, contribute to the accident.
- Demonstrating Damages: Rear-end accident victims must substantiate the extent of their damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. Medical records, pay stubs, and other supporting evidence are essential to substantiate these claims.
- Navigating Insurance Dynamics: Most rear-end accident claims are resolved through settlements with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. However, insurance companies often attempt to minimize compensation payouts.
- Non-Economic Damages: Rear-end accident victims may seek compensation for non-economic damages, which are intangible losses like pain and suffering, emotional distress, and diminished quality of life. These damages can be substantial, especially for victims with severe injuries.
- Comparative Negligence: In some jurisdictions, comparative negligence principles apply, reducing the victim’s recoverable damages if they share partial responsibility for the accident. For instance, speeding or tailgating may reduce settlement amounts.
- Third-Party Liability: In certain cases, third parties, such as product manufacturers, may share liability for a rear-end accident if a defective product, like faulty brakes, contributed to the collision.
- Statute of Limitations: Each state imposes a Statute of Limitations, a deadline for filing personal injury lawsuits. Accident victims must adhere to this deadline or risk losing their right to pursue legal action.
Why Should I Hire a Portland Maine Rear-end Accident Attorney?
If you’ve been injured in a rear-end accident in Portland, Maine, hiring an experienced attorney can be invaluable. Here are some key benefits you get from working with us:
- Legal Expertise: Navigating the complex legal system and maximizing compensation requires specialized knowledge that we have built over our decades of experience and practice.
- Establishing Fault: We can effectively investigate accidents and determine the at-fault party.
- Fair Compensation: We can negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive full compensation.
- Insurance Coverage: We can help you understand and maximize your insurance benefits.
By hiring our car accident attorneys in Portland, Maine, you can focus on your recovery without the added stress of legal proceedings. You can trust that your case will be in capable hands, ensuring the best possible outcome. Contact us today and pay nothing unless we win.
 Rear-end collision. (2023, September 24). Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear-end_collision
Need Help? Contact Us
Have Questions About Your Case? Call Us Today: