Experienced Los Angeles Whiplash Injury Attorneys
Los Angeles Whiplash Injury Attorney
The lawyers who specialize in personal injury cases in Los Angeles
Have You Recently Suffered From a Whiplash Injury in Los Angeles?
Don’t let your whiplash injury leave you financially burdened. Trust our team to fight on your behalf and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. We will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the justice and financial support you need to recover.
Contact Goldberg & Loren law firm today to schedule a consultation.
What is Whiplash Injury?
Whiplash injury is a common condition that occurs when the neck experiences a sudden and forceful forward and backward movement, similar to the cracking of a whip.  This rapid motion strains the neck’s muscles, ligaments, and tendons, leading to various symptoms and discomfort.
Causes of Whiplash Injury
Whiplash injuries can occur due to various causes, but the most common ones include:
Symptoms of a Whiplash Injury
Whiplash injury symptoms can vary from person to person, but there are common signs that indicate this type of injury.
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty concentrating or memory problems
- Difficulty swallowing
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Headaches, often starting at the base of the skull
- Irritability or mood changes
- Jaw pain
- Limited range of motion in the neck
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Numbness or tingling in the arms
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Shoulder, upper back, or arm tenderness or pain
- Sleep disturbances, such as insomnia or disturbed sleep patterns
Possible Compensation for Victims of Whiplash Injury
- Medical expenses: This includes medical bills like the cost of your hospital stay, surgery, medication, and rehabilitation. These expenses can be substantial, especially for accident victims with catastrophic injuries.
- Lost wages: This includes the wages you lost because you were unable to work due to your injury. If your whiplash injury prevents you from returning to your previous job, you may also be entitled to compensation for lost future earnings.
- Pain and suffering: This includes the physical and emotional pain you suffered as a result of your injury. Pain and suffering damages can be difficult to quantify, but they are an important part of many whiplash cases.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: This includes the loss of activities and pleasures that you were able to enjoy before your injury. For example, if your injury prevents you from playing sports, participating in hobbies, or spending time with loved ones, you may be able to recover damages for loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be available. Punitive damages are intended to punish the defendant for their negligence or wrongdoing. Punitive damages are awarded in rare cases, but they can be significant.
- Property damage: This includes the cost of repairing or replacing property that was damaged in the accident that caused your injury.
- Disfigurement: This includes the cost of reconstructive surgery or other treatment to improve the appearance of a disfiguring scar or deformity.
The amount of compensation that you may be able to recover will depend on the severity of your injury, the extent of your damages, and the laws of the jurisdiction in which you file your claim.
Statute of Limitations for Whiplash Injury Cases in Los Angeles
The Statute of Limitations for filing a whiplash injury case in the state of California is two years from the date of the accident or injury. This means that you must file your claim within two years of the date on which your whiplash injury occurred, or else you will be barred from pursuing compensation. In some cases, such as when a minor is injured, there may be an exception to the two-year rule.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, seek legal help as soon as possible. Our experienced personal injury attorneys in Los Angeles can review your case and help you understand your legal options. We can also assist with filing a personal injury lawsuit and negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf.
How Can a Whiplash Injury Attorney Help Me?
If you have suffered from whiplash injuries due to the negligence of another party, our whiplash injury attorneys are here to assist you. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that these injuries can have on your life, and we are dedicated to fighting for your rights and obtaining the monetary compensation you deserve.
Some of the ways by which our whiplash injury attorneys can help you are:
- Assessing Your Case: We can review the details of your accident, your injuries, and any medical treatment you’ve received to determine if you have a valid claim.
- Gathering Evidence: We can collect evidence to support your claim, such as medical records, accident reports, witness statements, and photographs.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: We can handle negotiations with the insurance company of the at-fault party to secure fair compensation for your damages.
- Obtaining Maximum Compensation: Our expertise in whiplash injury cases can help you explore all possible legitimate options to maximize the recoverable compensation for your medical attention, financial losses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Representing You in Court: If negotiations fail, they can represent you in court to pursue your case through the legal system.
If you have suffered from whiplash injuries caused by the negligence of another party, our whiplash accident lawyers are here to assist you.
We are dedicated to helping you navigate through this challenging time and obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
 Whiplash Injury. (2021, August 8). Johns Hopkins Medicine. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/whiplash-injury
Need Help? Contact Us
Have Questions About Your Case? Call Us Today: