Experienced Appleton Single Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Appleton Single Vehicle Accident Attorney
Find out why we have some of the best Appleton auto accident attorneys
Have You Been Involved in a Single Vehicle Accident Recently?
We understand the stress and uncertainty that comes with being involved in a single-vehicle accident. Our dedicated team of attorneys will work tirelessly to protect your rights and ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries, medical expenses, and other damages.
Contact Goldberg & Loren today to schedule a free consultation.
Causes of Single Vehicle Accidents
There can be a variety of causes for single-vehicle accidents that are unrelated to driver error. These may include:
- Poor road conditions: Slippery or uneven road surfaces, potholes, or road debris can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle.
- Mechanical failure: Issues with the vehicle’s brakes, tires, steering, or other components can lead to a single-vehicle accident.
- Wildlife: Collisions with animals, such as deer or livestock, can cause a single-vehicle accident. 
- Weather conditions: Severe weather, such as heavy rain, snow, or fog, can reduce visibility and traction, leading to an accident.
- Road design: Poorly designed roads, sharp curves, or lack of proper signage can contribute to single-vehicle accidents.
- Medical emergencies: Sudden health issues affecting the driver, such as a heart attack or stroke, can result in a single-vehicle accident.
If you have found yourself injured as a passenger in a single-vehicle accident, please contact our legal team to discuss your options regarding compensation.
Injuries from a Single Vehicle Accident
Common injuries from a single-vehicle accident can vary widely depending on factors such as the vehicle’s speed, size, and the nature of the collision. Some common injuries may include:
- Whiplash: Sudden, forceful movement of the head and neck can cause whiplash, resulting in neck pain and stiffness.
- Concussions and head injuries: Impact on the steering wheel, windshield, or other hard surfaces can lead to head trauma and concussions.
- Broken bones: The impact of a single vehicle accident can result in fractures or broken bones, particularly in the arms, legs, and ribs.
- Soft tissue injuries: Damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments can occur as a result of the sudden force exerted on the body during a collision.
- Cuts and lacerations: Broken glass, sharp metal edges, or objects within the vehicle can cause cuts and lacerations.
- Internal injuries: Blunt force trauma from a single-vehicle accident can lead to internal injuries such as organ damage or internal bleeding.
- Spinal injuries: The force of impact can cause damage to the spinal cord, leading to paralysis or other long-term complications.
- Psychological trauma: The emotional impact of an accident can result in anxiety, PTSD, and other forms of psychological distress.
What to Do After a Single Vehicle Accident
After a single motor vehicle accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Ensure safety: Move to a safe location if possible and turn on hazard lights to warn other drivers. Ensure the safety of yourself and others involved.
- Check for injuries: Assess yourself and any passengers for injuries. Call emergency services immediately if anyone requires medical attention.
- Call the police: Regardless of the extent of the damage, it is important to report the accident to the police. They will create an official record of the incident, which is useful for insurance and legal purposes.
- Exchange information: If there were any witnesses to the accident, obtain their contact information. Exchange details with any other motorists involved, including names, phone numbers, and insurance information.
- Document the scene: Take photos of the accident scene, including the damage to your vehicle and any other property. This can be helpful for insurance claims and legal matters.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: Contact your insurance provider as soon as possible to report the accident and begin the claims process.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not immediately feel injured, it is important to seek medical attention to rule out any potential injuries.
- Follow up on the situation: Be sure to follow any guidance from your insurance company and seek legal advice if necessary, especially if you were injured and believe the accident may have been caused by factors beyond your control.
Compensation from a Single Vehicle Accident
In a single-vehicle auto accident, the compensation you can receive may vary based on several factors including your insurance coverage, the circumstances of the accident, and the applicable laws in your jurisdiction. Some potential sources of compensation may include:
- Insurance coverage: If you have comprehensive, collision, or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage as part of your auto insurance policy, you may be able to receive compensation for injuries and property damage.
- Medical expenses: Your insurance policy or the at-fault party’s insurance may cover medical expenses related to the accident, including hospital bills, rehabilitation costs, and future medical care.
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work due to injuries sustained in the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and potential future loss of earnings.
- Property damage: Your insurance policy or the at-fault party’s insurance may cover the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other damaged property.
- Pain and suffering: In some cases, you may be able to seek compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and a reduced quality of life resulting from the accident.
- Future expenses: If the accident results in long-term disabilities or ongoing medical care, you may be entitled to compensation for future medical costs and care.
- Legal damages: In some cases, if the accident was caused by a third party’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
Single Vehicle Accident Lawyer - Goldberg & Loren
With years of experience and a track record of success, our dedicated personal injury lawyers in Appleton have the knowledge and expertise to help you navigate the complexities of your case and fight for the compensation you deserve.
We understand that each single-vehicle accident is unique, and we approach each case with a personalized and strategic approach.
Whether your accident was caused by a defective road, a malfunctioning vehicle, or the negligence of another party, our attorneys will work tirelessly to hold the responsible parties accountable and ensure that you receive proper compensation for your injuries and damages.
Our team is dedicated to providing compassionate and comprehensive legal representation and will guide you through every step of the legal process.
Have you recently been involved in a single-vehicle accident?
Contact Goldberg & Loren today to schedule a free consultation. Let us fight for your rights and get you the justice you deserve.
If your injuries from a single-vehicle accident prevent you from working, it's essential to seek legal advice from a qualified attorney. An experienced attorney can help you understand your rights and options, including the possibility of seeking compensation for lost wages, future earning potential, and disability benefits.
Even if you've sustained minor injuries in a single-vehicle accident, it's still worth considering hiring an attorney. An experienced attorney can provide valuable guidance and ensure that your rights are protected, regardless of the severity of your injuries.
In Appleton, the Statute of Limitations for filing a claim after a single-vehicle accident is typically two years but can vary based on the specific circumstances of the case. It's advisable to consult with a knowledgeable attorney promptly to understand the applicable deadlines.
 Does car insurance cover single-vehicle accidents? (n.d.). Retrieved December 19, 2023, from https://www.progressive.com/answers/single-vehicle-accidents/
Need Help? Contact Us
We Represent Those Who Have Been Involved in a Single Vehicle Accident in the Following Cities and Communities Near Appleton, Wisconsin.
Have Questions About Your Case? Call Us Today: